Are you planning a trip to the beautiful coastal city of Alicante? If so, you’re in for a treat! This Spanish gem is known for its stunning beaches, historic sites, vibrant nightlife, and delicious cuisine. To make the most of your visit and explore the region at your own pace, renting a car from Alicante Airport is an excellent choice. In this guide, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about Alicante Airport car rental, from the benefits to the best practices.
Benefits of Renting a Car at Alicante Airport:
- Freedom and Flexibility: Renting a car gives you the freedom to explore beyond the typical tourist spots. Discover hidden beaches, charming villages, and breathtaking viewpoints that might not be easily accessible by public transportation.
- Convenience: After a long flight, the last thing you want to do is navigate through various modes of transportation with your luggage. With a rental car ready and waiting for you at the airport, you can start your adventure right away.
- Time Efficiency: Public transportation schedules can sometimes limit your travel plans. With a rental car, you can optimize your itinerary and make the most of your time in Alicante.
- Exploring the Surroundings: Alicante’s surrounding areas have much to offer. Drive to nearby towns like Altea, Guadalest, or Javea for a diverse experience of culture and landscapes.
Tips for a Smooth Car Rental Experience:
- Book in Advance: To secure the best vehicle and price, it’s recommended to book your rental car in advance. This is especially important during peak travel seasons.
- Compare Options: Don’t settle for the first car rental option you come across. Compare prices, vehicle types, and rental conditions from different providers to find the best fit for your needs.
- Check Insurance Coverage: Review the insurance coverage offered by the rental company. Consider purchasing additional coverage if needed, to ensure peace of mind during your travels.
- Know the Fuel Policy: Rental companies often have different fuel policies. Some require you to return the car with a full tank, while others might charge you for a full tank upon pickup and allow you to return it empty.
- Inspect the Car: Before driving off, thoroughly inspect the rental car for any pre-existing damage. Take photos or videos as documentation to avoid any disputes later on.
- Familiarize Yourself with Local Driving Rules: If you’re not familiar with Spanish driving rules, take some time to understand the local traffic regulations. This will help you drive confidently and safely.
Exploring Alicante and Beyond:
With your rental car ready, you’re all set to explore Alicante and its surroundings. Here are a few must-visit places:
- Santa Barbara Castle: Perched on a hill overlooking the city, this castle offers stunning panoramic views of Alicante.
- Postiguet Beach: Enjoy the Mediterranean sun and crystal-clear waters at one of Alicante’s most popular beaches.
- El Barrio: Wander through Alicante’s historic old town, known for its colorful houses, charming squares, and narrow streets.
- Tabarca Island: Drive to Santa Pola and catch a ferry to Tabarca Island, a marine reserve with fantastic snorkeling opportunities